URGENT PANDEMIC INFORMATION
COVID CANCELLED: Project Management in Human Resources, Boston MA, Jan 6-8, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: InterDrone, The International Drone Conference, Cambridge MA, Jan 11-13, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: Supplier Management for Medical Device Manufacturers, Cambridge MA, Feb 2-4, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: US Immigration Compliance Strategies, Boston MA, Feb 15-18, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: Project Management Training, Boston MA, Mar 3-5, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: Internal Audit, Fraud Risk Assessment Workshop, Boston MA, Mar 22-25, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: Agile / Scrum Training, Boston MA, Apr 12-14, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: Validation, Verification and Transfer of Analytical Methods, Boston MA, Apr 19-21, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: Computer System Validation - Reduce Costs and Avoid 483s, Boston MA, May 10-12, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: SharePoint Technology Conference, Boston MA, May 26-28, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: Employment Laws Certificate Program, Boston MA, Jun 7-9, 2021
Following events are tentatively planned but may be rescheduled, based on CDC guidelines or attendee registration interest .
TENTATIVE: 21 CFR Part 11 Compliance, Boston MA, Sep 22-24, 2021
TENTATIVE: Quality Control Laboratory Compliance, Boston MA, Oct 6-8, 2021
TENTATIVE: Analytical Instrument Qualification and System Validation, Boston MA, Nov 15-17, 2021
TENTATIVE: FDA's New Import Program for 2021, Boston MA, Dec 7-9, 2021
Boston Professional Events List
Live Webinar Labor and Employment Law Issues Related to Social Networking
Link to Website
Ticket Price: $189 One Dial-in One Attendee |Corporate Live $289 One Dial In - Max 10 attendees | Group $449 Multiple locations upto 5 dial in|Recorded $219
Employers who use social media will find that they may be violating rules under the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), regulations from the Federal Trade commission, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act, the National Labor Relations Act, the Health Insurance and Portability Act, and state security requirements, and many other laws.
Disciplining employees for their comments on social media can be a minefield. Not disciplining employees for their comments on social media can be a minefield. What is an employer to do?
Courts and administrative agencies are finally handing down decisions that address these legal concerts. The decisions are specific to social media, including variations by industry. This webinar will cover all of the legal issues and the decisions being made, and how to make sure your policies, actions, are in compliance.
• Identification of social media
• Why social networking has become the human resource professional's latest friend
• Why social networking has become the human resource professional's latest enemy
• The National Labor Relations Board's position on disciplining employees for statement made on social networking sites
• The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority's position on social networking
• The Federal Trade Commission's guidelines regarding businesses using social media for endorsement purposes
• What GINA says about social networking and obtaining employees' genetic information
• When employee statements can violate HIPAA
• When can a human resource professional use information on social networking sites in conducting background checks
• What policies you should consider to protect your company from inappropriate comments on social networking sites
• How to protect your company's reputation from the disgruntled ex-employee who takes to social networking sites for revenge
Who will Benefit
• Human Resource Professionals
• Business Owners
• Risk Managers
• Those Responsible for Compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
Susan Fahey Desmond has been representing management in all areas of labor and employment law since her graduation from the University Of Tennessee School Of Law since 1985. She is a shareholder in a firm's Labor and Employment Practice Group and works from the firm's Gulf Coast office. She is a graduate of the University of Mississippi (B.A., 1982) and the University Of Tennessee School Of Law (J.D., 1985). Ms. Desmond is a member of the Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Florida and Colorado Bar Associations. She is also a member of the Federal and American (member, Labor and Employment Law Section; past chair, Labor Committee; Executive Council Coordinator, Young Lawyers Section; member, Torts and Insurance Practice Section; member, Emerging Issues Committee) Bar Associations.
VIP Life Time Subscription to our Newsletters!