URGENT PANDEMIC INFORMATION
COVID CANCELLED: Project Management in Human Resources, Boston MA, Jan 6-8, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: InterDrone, The International Drone Conference, Cambridge MA, Jan 11-13, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: Supplier Management for Medical Device Manufacturers, Cambridge MA, Feb 2-4, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: US Immigration Compliance Strategies, Boston MA, Feb 15-18, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: Project Management Training, Boston MA, Mar 3-5, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: Internal Audit, Fraud Risk Assessment Workshop, Boston MA, Mar 22-25, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: Agile / Scrum Training, Boston MA, Apr 12-14, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: Validation, Verification and Transfer of Analytical Methods, Boston MA, Apr 19-21, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: Computer System Validation - Reduce Costs and Avoid 483s, Boston MA, May 10-12, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: SharePoint Technology Conference, Boston MA, May 26-28, 2021
COVID CANCELLED: Employment Laws Certificate Program, Boston MA, Jun 7-9, 2021
Following events are tentatively planned but may be rescheduled, based on CDC guidelines or attendee registration interest .
TENTATIVE: 21 CFR Part 11 Compliance, Boston MA, Sep 22-24, 2021
TENTATIVE: Quality Control Laboratory Compliance, Boston MA, Oct 6-8, 2021
TENTATIVE: Analytical Instrument Qualification and System Validation, Boston MA, Nov 15-17, 2021
TENTATIVE: FDA's New Import Program for 2021, Boston MA, Dec 7-9, 2021
Boston Professional Events List
Live Webinar Healthcare, Cybersecurity, and HIPAA: New Threats to the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of Health Information by Jim Sheldon-Dean
Link to Website
Ticket Price: $179 One Dial-in One Attendee | Corporate Live Recorded $279 One Dial In - Max 10 attendees |Group $695 Multiple locations upto 5 dial in | Recorded $249
At the conclusion of the session, participants will be able to:
1. Understand how to use Risk Analysis and the Information Security Management Process to address Cybersecurity issues.
2. Know how to prepare for Cybersecurity events that threaten the privacy and security of PHI.
3. Understand the importance of good user training to prevent and detect Cybersecurity events.
4. Know more about the steps that can be taken to help prevent Cybersecurity attacks and minimize any damage from them
• How the HIPAA Security Rule addresses Cybersecurity, and how to use the rule to prevent cyber-attacks
• How Cybersecurity is different from other kinds of security issues and why it deserves special attention
• The NIST Cybersecurity Framework and how to use it to prepare for and respond to Cybersecurity events
• New initiatives by HHS to provide resources and information to assist during a wave of cyber-attacks
• The importance of regular, repeated training to help prevent the initiation of an attack on your systems
• How to respond to and follow up on an attack that may result in a breach of information
Who will Benefit
Attendees should include Compliance Officers, Privacy and Security Officers, and leadership and staff in health information management, information security, and patient relations, as well as staff in patient intake and front-line patient relations and any others that are involved in, interested in, or responsible for, patient communications, information management, and privacy and security of Protected Health Information under HIPAA, including:
• Compliance director
• Privacy Officer
• Security Officer
• Information Systems Manager
• HIPAA Officer
• Chief Information Officer
• Health Information Manager
• Healthcare Counsel/lawyer
• Office Manager
• Contracts Manager
Jim Sheldon-Dean is the founder and director of compliance services at Lewis Creek Systems, LLC, a Vermont-based consulting firm founded in 1982, providing information privacy and security regulatory compliance services to a wide variety of health care entities.
Sheldon-Dean serves on the HIMSS Information Systems Security Workgroup, has co-chaired the Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange Privacy and Security Workgroup, and is a recipient of the WEDI 2011 Award of Merit. He is a frequent speaker regarding HIPAA and information privacy and security compliance issues at seminars and conferences, including speaking engagements at numerous regional and national healthcare association conferences and conventions and the annual NIST/OCR HIPAA Security Conference in Washington, D.C.
VIP Life Time Subscription to our Newsletters!