Promotional Tickets from our Partners!
Featured: Women in STEM Conference and Award, San Francisco, Sept 10-12, 2017
Featured: PrecisionAg Vision Conference, Phoenix, Oct 10-12, 2017
Featured: SPTechCon, SharePoint Technology Conference, Washington, DC, Nov 12-15, 2017
Boston Professional Events List
The 2018 Boston Writing Workshop
Link to Website
The 2018 Boston Writing Workshop
After a successful 2015 event in Boston, Writing Day Workshopsis excited to announce The 2018 Boston Writing Workshop — a full-day “How to Get Published” writing event in Boston, MA on September 29, 2018.
This writing event is a wonderful opportunity to get intense instruction over the course of one day, pitch a literary agent or editor (optional), get your questions answered, and more. Note that there are limited seats at the event (200 total). All questions about the event regarding schedule, details and registration are answered below. Thank you for your interest in the 2018 Boston Writing Workshop!
WHAT IS IT?
This is a special one-day “How to Get Published” writing workshop on Saturday, September 29, 2018, at the Sheraton Boston (Back Bay / Downtown area). In other words, it’s one day full of classes and advice designed to give you the best instruction concerning how to get your writing & books published. We’ll discuss your publishing opportunities today, how to write queries & pitches, how to market yourself and your books, what makes an agent/editor stop reading your manuscript, and more. No matter what you’re writing — fiction or nonfiction — the day’s classes will help point you in the right direction. Writers of all genres are welcome.
This event is designed to squeeze as much into one day of learning as possible. You can ask any questions you like during the classes, and get your specific concerns addressed. We will have literary agents onsite to give feedback and take pitches from writers, as well. This year’s agent and editor faculty so far includes:
- literary agent Amaryah Orenstein (Go Literary)
- literary agent Jeff Herman (The Jeff Herman Agency)
- literary agent Elizabeth Bennett (Jill Corcoran Literary)
- literary agent Laura Gross (Laura Gross Literary Agency)
- literary agent Amy Stern (Sheldon Fogelman Agency)
- literary agent Tracy Marchini (BookEnds Literary)
- literary agent Lana Popovic (Chalberg & Sussman)
- literary agent Lucy Cleland (Kneerim & Williams)
- literary agent Matthew DiGangi (Bresnick Weil Literary Agency)
- literary agent Rob Arnold (Aevitas Creative Management)
- literary agent Kimiko Nakamura (Dee Mura Literary)
- literary agent Rebecca Podos (Rees Literary)
- literary agent Beth Campbell (BookEnds Literary)
- literary agent Beth Marshea (Ladderbird Literary)
- literary agent assistant Caleb Bollenbacher (Corvisiero Literary)
- and possibly more to come
By the end of the day, you will have all the tools you need to move forward on your writing journey. This independent event is organized by coordinator Jessica Bell of Writing Day Workshops, with administration from local writing groups.
EVENT LOCATION & DETAILS:
9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday, September 29, 2018 — at the Sheraton Boston Hotel (Back Bay) 39 Dalton St, Boston, MA 02199. (617) 236-2000.
VIP Life Time Subscription to our Newsletters!