Promotional Tickets from our Partners!
Featured: WITI, Women in Technology Summit, San Jose, June 11-13, 2017 Featured: InterDrone, The International Drone Conference, Las Vegas, September 6-8, 2017
Boston Professional Events List
OWL Facilitator Training for Grades 7 to 12
Link to Website
TRAINERS: Jane Detwiler and Rev. Lara Campbell
LOCATION: The Walker Center for Ecumenical Exchange at 171 Grove Street, Auburndale, MA 02466
REGISTRATION FEE: Our registration fee of $400 per person includes instruction, room and board. The fee is the same whether participants stay on site overnight or not. Participants are responsible for bringing their own curriculum books.
ACCOMODATIONS: Most guest rooms accommodate two people. A few accommodate three. Bedding and towels are provided. Guests are asked to bring their own soap and shampoo. If you would like a single room, please make a request and let us know if you have a special need associated with that. Though we cannot guarantee availability, we do everything we can to accommodate people with special requirements for a single room. Single rooms requested without a special need may be reserved, if available, for additional cost of $60 per night to cover additional expenses to us.
TRAINING SCHEDULE: All registrants are required to be present for the complete training. We have found that coming late and leaving early is disruptive to the group building process and can hinder work that is to be done in small groups. We therefore advise participations to stay overnight if they can, though this is not required. A basic outline for the training schedule is as follows:
- Friday: 5:15 to 6:00 PM Check in, 6:00 to 6:30 PM Dinner, 6:30 to 9:00 PM Training
- Saturday: 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Training, with breaks and meals
- Sunday: 8:45 AM to 3:00 PM Training, with breaks and meals
CURRICULUM BOOKS: Participants in the OWL Facilitator Training should bring their own copies of three books for the age and grade level(s) they will be teaching.
- Our Whole Lives curriculum (K-1st Grade and/or 4th-6th Grade) (7th to 9th Grade and/or 10th to 12th Grade) (Young Adult and/or Adult Level)
- the corresponding companion book Sexuality and Our Faith(K-1st Grade and/or 4th-6th Grade) (7th to 9th Grade and/or 10th to 12th Grade) (Young Adult and/or Adult Level)
- Advocacy Manual for Sexuality Education, Health, and Justice (used for all levels)
If you do not already have a copy of the curriculum books, check with your religious education professional before ordering copies from the UUA Bookstore. Note, if you have a team of people coming from the same congregation, you are welcome to share copies of the curriculum. It is not necessary for each person on your team to have their own copy. Contact the regional office to borrow books for the training.
- Cancellation prior to the registration deadline will be subject to a $25 handling fee.
- Cancellations made after the registration deadline but a week or more before the training will be subject to a $150 fee, unless a replacement is arranged.
- Refunds for cancellations made within the week prior to the training will be given only under emergency circumstances and at the discretion of the regional staff. There is no penalty for finding someone to replace you if you cannot come.
VIP Life Time Subscription to our Newsletters!