Promotional Tickets from our Partners!
Featured: Women in STEM Conference and Award, San Francisco, Sept 10-12, 2017
Featured: PrecisionAg Vision Conference, Phoenix, Oct 10-12, 2017
Featured: SPTechCon, SharePoint Technology Conference, Washington, DC, Nov 12-15, 2017
Boston Professional Events List
Live Webinar Legal Issues Concerning Employees with Psychiatric Illness
Link to Website
Ticket Price: $189 One Dial-in One Attendee |Corporate Live $289 One Dial In - Max 10 attendees | Group $449 Multiple locations upto 5 dial in|Recorded $219
Why Should you Attend
How often have we thought of a mass shooting at a workplace, or other work-related catastrophes thinking we knew or should have seen it coming? Of course that's easier said than done. The Americans with Disabilities Act requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, including those with mental impairments, that substantially limit their major life activities unless the accommodation causes an undue hardship on the employer; or the employee poses a direct threat either to his safety or the safety of others.
• Mental illness in the workplace: trends and statistics
• Applicable Laws (ADA, rehabilitation act, executive orders, among others)
• Potential Legal Issues: Discrimination, Disparate Treatment, Disparate Impact
• Americans with Disabilities Act (Definition of Disability, Reasonable Accommodation, Undue Hardship, Direct Threat)
• Workplace safety/violence issues
• Leave and attendance issues
• Substance abuse
• Permissible inquiries, medical exams
• Co-worker questions and issues
Who will Benefit
• HR Directors
• Hiring Managers
• Business Owners
• Senior Management
• Safety Officers
• Compliance Officers
Janette Levey Frisch is the founder of The EmpLAWyerologist Firm, has over 20 years of legal experience, more than 10 of which she has spent in Employment Law. It was during her tenure as sole in-house counsel for a mid-size staffing company headquartered in Central New Jersey, with operations all over the continental US, that she truly developed her passion for Employment Law.
VIP Life Time Subscription to our Newsletters!