Promotional Tickets from our Partners!
Featured: Women in STEM Conference and Award, San Francisco, Sept 10-12, 2017
Featured: PrecisionAg Vision Conference, Phoenix, Oct 10-12, 2017
Featured: SPTechCon, SharePoint Technology Conference, Washington, DC, Nov 12-15, 2017
Boston Professional Events List
Live Webinar HIPAA Audit and Enforcement Update: What to Focus on to Help Avoid Today’s Compliance Issues by Jim Sheldon-Dean
Link to Website
Ticket Price: $179 One Dial-in One Attendee | Corporate Live Recorded $279 One Dial In - Max 10 attendees |Group $695 Multiple locations upto 5 dial in | Recorded $249
At the conclusion of the session, participants will be able to:
1. Understand how to use information about breaches, enforcement actions, and prior HIPAA Audits to focus attention on the most important issues.
2. Know how to use simple documentation tools like the HIPAA Audit Protocol to review compliance and track improvements.
3. Understand what to expect if you are selected for an enforcement investigation.
4. Know more about the typical kinds of breaches that can occur and how to prevent them.
• Find out what the audit process is, what HHS OCR is likely to ask you if you are selected for an audit or compliance review, and what you'll have to have prepared already when they do.
• Learn how to make the HIPAA Audit Protocol useful to you as a way to organize and track your compliance work, and collect your documentation references.
• Find out what you'll need to have documented to survive an audit or compliance review and avoid fines.
• Learn how to use an information security management process to evaluate risks and make decisions about how best to protect PHI and meet patient needs and desires.
• Find out what policies and procedures you should have in place.
• Learn about the training and education that must take place and be documented to ensure your staff uses health information properly and does not risk exposure of PHI.
• Find out the steps that must be followed in the event of a breach of PHI.
• Learn about how the HIPAA audit and enforcement activities are now being increased and how you must be prepared or risk significant penalties.
Who will Benefit
Attendees should include Compliance Officers, Privacy and Security Officers, and leadership and staff in health information management, information security, and patient relations, as well as staff in patient intake and front-line patient relations and any others that are involved in, interested in, or responsible for, patient communications, information management, and privacy and security of Protected Health Information under HIPAA, including:
• Compliance director
• Privacy Officer
• Security Officer
• Information Systems Manager
• HIPAA Officer
• Chief Information Officer
• Health Information Manager
• Healthcare Counsel/lawyer
• Office Manager
• Contracts Manager
Jim Sheldon-Dean is the founder and director of compliance services at Lewis Creek Systems, LLC, a Vermont-based consulting firm founded in 1982, providing information privacy and security regulatory compliance services to a wide variety of health care entities. Sheldon-Dean serves on the HIMSS Information Systems Security Workgroup, has co-chaired the Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange Privacy and Security Workgroup, and is a recipient of the WEDI 2011 Award of Merit.
VIP Life Time Subscription to our Newsletters!