Promotional Tickets from our Partners!
Featured: Women in STEM Conference and Award, San Francisco, Sept 10-12, 2017
Featured: PrecisionAg Vision Conference, Phoenix, Oct 10-12, 2017
Featured: SPTechCon, SharePoint Technology Conference, Washington, DC, Nov 12-15, 2017
Boston Professional Events List
Live Webinar Healthcare, Cybersecurity, and HIPAA: New Threats to the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of Health Information by Jim Sheldon-Dean
Link to Website
Ticket Price: $179 One Dial-in One Attendee | Corporate Live Recorded $279 One Dial In - Max 10 attendees |Group $695 Multiple locations upto 5 dial in | Recorded $249
At the conclusion of the session, participants will be able to:
1. Understand how to use Risk Analysis and the Information Security Management Process to address Cybersecurity issues.
2. Know how to prepare for Cybersecurity events that threaten the privacy and security of PHI.
3. Understand the importance of good user training to prevent and detect Cybersecurity events.
4. Know more about the steps that can be taken to help prevent Cybersecurity attacks and minimize any damage from them
• How the HIPAA Security Rule addresses Cybersecurity, and how to use the rule to prevent cyber-attacks
• How Cybersecurity is different from other kinds of security issues and why it deserves special attention
• The NIST Cybersecurity Framework and how to use it to prepare for and respond to Cybersecurity events
• New initiatives by HHS to provide resources and information to assist during a wave of cyber-attacks
• The importance of regular, repeated training to help prevent the initiation of an attack on your systems
• How to respond to and follow up on an attack that may result in a breach of information
Who will Benefit
Attendees should include Compliance Officers, Privacy and Security Officers, and leadership and staff in health information management, information security, and patient relations, as well as staff in patient intake and front-line patient relations and any others that are involved in, interested in, or responsible for, patient communications, information management, and privacy and security of Protected Health Information under HIPAA, including:
• Compliance director
• Privacy Officer
• Security Officer
• Information Systems Manager
• HIPAA Officer
• Chief Information Officer
• Health Information Manager
• Healthcare Counsel/lawyer
• Office Manager
• Contracts Manager
Jim Sheldon-Dean is the founder and director of compliance services at Lewis Creek Systems, LLC, a Vermont-based consulting firm founded in 1982, providing information privacy and security regulatory compliance services to a wide variety of health care entities.
Sheldon-Dean serves on the HIMSS Information Systems Security Workgroup, has co-chaired the Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange Privacy and Security Workgroup, and is a recipient of the WEDI 2011 Award of Merit. He is a frequent speaker regarding HIPAA and information privacy and security compliance issues at seminars and conferences, including speaking engagements at numerous regional and national healthcare association conferences and conventions and the annual NIST/OCR HIPAA Security Conference in Washington, D.C.
VIP Life Time Subscription to our Newsletters!